Spectral Press is an independent 2012, 2013, & 2014 British Fantasy Award-nominated genre imprint, devoted to stories of the ghostly and supernatural, and to very high quality. It’s run by Simon Marshall-Jones, who produces, on a quarterly basis, very limited edition signed and numbered single story chapbooks in a quality presentation. The press also publishes regular novellas and a Christmas Ghost Story Annual every December.
To view Spectral’s publishing catalogue and to order books, visit the store. For peace of mind, transactions are secured by PayPal, the world’s leading payment gateway, and this site is secured with SSL technology so all your data is encrypted, as indicated by the “https” in your browser’s address bar.
Alongside Spectral Press is Spectral Freelance Editorial, run by Simon, so if you have work of any length or genre – fiction or non fiction – why not give him a look and check out his clients’ testimonials?
Or, if you’re interested in reading reviews by Simon, check out his website, Speculative Assessments, where he reviews genre fiction alongside his reviewing duties for Interzone, SFX, and other magazines. Publishers, agents, and authors can also send work for him to review, but please note this is at his discretion since his primary duty is to Spectral Press.
This Year’s Publications
Spectral Press Chapbooks
- Spectral XI Home and Hearth – Angela Slatter (March 2014)
- Spectral XII Title TBC – Robert Shearman
- Spectral XIII Smoke Billows, Soot Falls – Lisa Hannett
- Spectral XIV The Judgement Call – Simon Bestwick (December 2014)
Spectral Visions (novellas)
- Spectral Visions V The Hammer of Dr. Valentine – John Llewellyn Probert (October/November 2014)
- Spectral Visions VI Leytonstone – Stephen Volk (April/May 2015)
- Spectral Visions VII Albion Fay – Mark Morris (TBA)
Theatrum Mundi (novellettes)
- Theatrum Mundi I: Within the Wind, Beneath the Snow – Ray Cluley (November 2014)
- Theatrum Mundi II: Ricochet – Tim Dry (February 2015)
- Theatrum Mundi III: Glass Town – Steven Savile (Summer 2015)
Spectral Press Collections
- Forthcoming: Spectral Collection II TBA – David Tallerman (TBA)
- Spectral Anthology II The Spectral Book of Horror Stories – edited by Mark Morris (September 2014)
- Spectral Anthology III Back from the Dead – edited by Johnny Mains (paperback reissue) (October 2014)
- Spectral Anthology IV The Thirteen Ghosts of Christmas 2014 – edited by Simon Marshall-Jones (December 2014)
- Spectral Screen II We are the Martians: the Legacy of Nigel Kneale – edited by Neil Snowdon (December 2015)
Join our subscription plans: